For Minecraft Version 1.17
For Minecraft 1.17
The Machines Datapack adds new machines and devices to the game to allow automation and production of unfarmable goods. They have the goal of being made in the style of Minecraft so that they fit into the game seamlessly.
NOTES TO YOUTUBERS:
You may use this datapack in whatever video you like, free of charge. My only request: YOU MUST CREDIT ME for my work. Simply link to this page in your video’s description, pinned comment, or both AND verbally mention during the intro of your video that the pack can be downloaded using the link. “Download in the description” would suffice.
- Crusher: Placed on an Upward-Facing Dispenser. The crusher can be used to smash blocks down into small bits. This can be used to turn cobblestone into gravel, gravel into dirt, and dirt into sand, allowing those resources to be farmed. It can also turn some blocks into cracked variants. Ores can also be partially processed but will need the washer (below) to be fully processed into ingots.
- Washer: Placed on top of a Cauldron. The Washer is a machine used in cleaning ore chunks. it will process the ores and spit out the chunks from the spout. It can also turn blaze rods to blaze powder, wheat to seeds, and coal into gunpowder!
- Breaker: Placed on top of a Dispenser. The Block Breaker can break blocks in front of it. It requires a tool of the correct type to do so, and will take one durability upon breaking a block. Current supported tools are the pickaxe, axe, and shovel, with the hoe coming in 1.16.
- Placer: Placed on top of a Dropper. The Block Placer can place block. A block in its inventory is shot out into the world and placed down in the direction it faces. It takes around 10 command ticks to place down the block.
- Saturator: Placed on top of a Cauldron. When filled with water, it will hydrate the block above it to the point of turning it into other blocks. Sand can turn into clay, Cobblestone/stone bricks get mossy, snow to ice, and gravel slowly turns to grass in a process.
- Chunk Loader: Loads the chunk(s) that it is placed in. Has settings to configure the max amount of loaders per player and amount of chunks that it loads.
To install, follow the instructions contained in the “instructions.txt” file included in the download. If you are still having issues installing or want help knowing how to do something with the pack, ask for help on our discord.
Fully Multiplayer compatible!