For Minecraft Version 1.18.1
For Minecraft 1.18.1
The Machines Datapack adds new machines and devices to the game to allow automation and production of unfarmable goods. They have the goal of being made in the style of Minecraft so that they fit into the game seamlessly.
NOTES TO YOUTUBERS:
You may use this datapack in whatever video you like, free of charge. My only request: YOU MUST CREDIT ME for my work. Simply link to this page in your video’s description, pinned comment, or both AND verbally mention during the intro of your video that the pack can be downloaded using the link. “Download in the description” would suffice.
- Crusher: The crusher can be used to smash blocks down into small bits. This can be used to turn cobblestone into gravel, gravel into dirt, and dirt into sand, allowing those resources to be farmed. It can also turn some blocks into cracked variants. Ores can also be partially processed but will need the washer (below) to be fully processed into ingots.
- Washer: The Washer is a machine used in cleaning ore chunks. it will process the ores and spit out the chunks from the spout. It can also turn blaze rods to blaze powder, wheat to seeds, and coal into gunpowder!
- Breaker: The Block Breaker can break blocks in front of it. It requires a tool of the correct type to do so, and will take one durability upon breaking a block. Current supported tools are the pickaxe, axe, shovel, and hoe.
- Placer: The Block Placer can place block. A block in its inventory is shot out into the world and placed down in the direction it faces. It takes around 6 command ticks to place down the block.
- Saturator: It will hydrate the block above it to the point of turning it into other blocks. Sand can turn into clay, Cobblestone/stone bricks get mossy, snow to ice, and gravel slowly turns to grass in a process.
- Chunk Loader: Loads the chunk(s) that it is placed in. Has settings to configure the max amount of loaders per player and amount of chunks that it loads.
- Stone Extruder: Can be used to convert cobblestone into Andesite, Granite, Diorite, Deepslate, Calcite, Tuff, Blackstone and Dripstone. It takes cobblestone from one side and places the converted block on the other. Likely best to pair it with a block breaker or something similar to automate.
- Sprinkler: Makes crops grow faster in a 7×7 area centered on the sprinkler.
- Farmer: Harvests crops in a 7×7 area in the direction that the block is placed. Only works on carrots, potatoes, wheat, and beetroots currently. Breaks and replants them, but doesn’t pick them up. If a solid block is placed directly in front of it, the farmer will be disabled (this can be used to turn it off).
- Dirt Composter: Works like a regular composter, but outputs dirt instead of bonemeal. Outputs into a hopper if one is placed below, and spits out the item on top of itself if no hopper is present.
- Log Stipper: Strips any logs placed in front of it at no cost.
- Block Rotator: Can rotate any block that can be rotated, cycling through different rotation states. Even works on chests/dispensers/other blocks with inventories.
- Mob Fan: Pushes Mobs in the direction you have the fan face. Doesn’t work on players and non-mob entities.
- Bedrock Breaker: Placed above bedrock. Can break the bedrock when supplied with at least 10 ender pearls in the storage. Must have a direct line of sight to the bedrock, with nothing but air in between. Note; the Compressed Obsidian needs to be made in the Compactor.
- Compactor: An auto crafting block that can craft any 3×3 or 2×2 recipe and will automatically output the result out the spout. Can be hoppered into to automate farms. Could be used at a gold farm to auto compact all the gold nuggets into ingots, then again into blocks.
- Trash Can: An inventory that clears itself every 10 seconds. Can be hoppered into to destroy any junk items.
- Ender Pearl Thrower: Acts as an upgraded dispenser that can throw ender pearls. The pearls will teleport whoever placed the block down. Even works with most of the Custom Pearls from my Moar Pearls datapack!
- Oxidizer: Speed Oxidizes any types of unwaxed copper blocks placed above it. Gotta get that pretty green-blue block.
To install, follow the instructions contained in the “instructions.txt” file included in the download. If you are still having issues installing or want help knowing how to do something with the pack, ask for help on our discord.
Fully Multiplayer compatible!